This class combines both TIG #1 & TIG #2. TIG #2 is normally the second in the TIG welding series to be taken after the TIG #1 class. However, in this combined class the instructor will provide instruction for both beginners as well as those who’ve already taken the TIG #1 class. Students will progress from making a basic TIG bead to the techniques and practice required to make TIG welded joints. Students will learn how to perform different kinds of TIG welds – butt, lap, “T”, corner, and edge.
TIG welding requires more dexterity and practice than MIG welding. Students are encouraged to use open studios to practice their technique and develop confidence. The goal at the end of the class is to feel comfortable with the operation of the welding machine and the TIG welding process in performing different welds.
Class size is 4 people facilitating one-on-one learning and direct mentoring. Each participant will have the use of a fully equipped TIG welding station.
- There is a materials fee of $15 for steel coupons, gas, tungsten, and filler rod that has been included in the cost of class.
- BARN is practicing safety measures for the health and well-being of all participants, in accordance with state and CDC guidelines. Please click here to read more.
- Tuition assistance is available. Click here to fill out our simple application before you register.
- BARN will provide Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
- Participants must wear long sleeve shirts and pants in natural fiber clothing and closed toe shoes. Stretch fabrics are prohibited.
Patrick Clanton is a professional welder with more than 30 years of experience. He participates in the artisan community on Bainbridge as a welder in support of other artists and as a sculptor in his own right.
Patrick Clanton Email: PHClanton@hotmail.com