**This workshop will be live streamed via Zoom.**
PIZZA! The meal that goes with just about every occasion- from watching movies on the couch on Fridays, to game night with friends, to weeknight treats. For quality time in the kitchen, nothing beats pizza making with everyone adding their favorite toppings. Just mix flour, water, salt, and yeast together, let rise, and then finish in your own creative way. Vegesaurus and carnivores, thick crust or thin, easy on the cheese or pile it high- pizza is the ultimate customizable meal.
Alas, over the past 30 years, this healthy, quick meal has turned into a $15.99 disaster. Not only can it be soggy and undercooked, sometimes even the cardboard box tastes better. Let’s stop that nonsense right now! Aside from grabbing a slice in NYC on 102nd and Broadway, making hot fresh pizza in your own oven is remarkably easy and WAY better than anything delivered.
Join us in this 2-day Zoom class from the comfort of your own home as we walk through the basics of great pizza dough, sauces, and toppings. Together, we’ll make a couple of fab Shibaguyz-style pizzas and talk about ways to make different styles (cast iron skillet deep-dish, anyone?). We’ll make 2 fab sauces, help you choose great toppings, then bake it all up. At the end of class, we’ll celebrate life by sitting at the table with family eating some amazing pizza, made with your two hands! That is… if you decide to share at all…
This is a live, virtual hands-on cooking class from the comfort of your own kitchen. The Shibaguyz will make cooking fun, interactive, as well as hands on. Follow along, ask questions, interact with others just like you would if you were in the BARN Kitchen.
- Registration will close on Monday, June 7th at 5:00 PM.
- A shopping and equipment list will be in your registration confirmation email.
- This class will be taught via the Zoom video conferencing program from the comfort of your own home. You will need a computer laptop or desktop or a tablet device to participate. For a great video on how to use Zoom, watch this tutorial.
- A recipe, list of preparation tasks and a Zoom link to join this class will be sent to the email you registered with two days before start of class. Please watch for this email. You may need to check your spam folder.
- Tuition assistance is available. Click here to apply.
Shannon and Jason Mullett-Bowlsby are the dynamic DIY duo known as the Shibaguyz. Their award-winning crochet, knit, and sewing designs have been featured in and on the covers of domestic and international publications. Over the past ten years they have developed a cult following with their “Fun Food Friday” cooking classes live on Facebook. Their enthusiasm, quirky sense of humor, and relatable teaching style have made them sought after teachers in local and national venues. The Shibaguyz live in Seattle with their three Shiba Inu who support their ventures… so long as there’s time for face rubbins.
Shannon and Jason's Social Media Links: