**This workshop will be live streamed via Zoom.**
Join the Shibaguyz as they sew along with you making the reversible knot bag pattern from their new book, Boro and Sashiko: Harmonious Imperfection. This design features one side which shows off the boro patchwork they love and the other a delicious little treasure of fabric they found on a flat-fold sale table.
The Shibaguyz will take you through all the steps laid out in the book: the measuring, cutting, and stitching, so you end up with a one of a kind Japanese Knot Bag all of your own. Japanese knot bags are immensely usable, and beautiful. Once you have made your first one, you’re going to want to make many more of these in different sizes for shopping, carrying as a regular handbag, a project bag, or as a gift.
- Required: Boro & Sashiko: Harmonious Imperfection
You can order the paperback or Kindle version here. Kindle version is best for immediate download. You will need the pattern contained in the book.
- Light cotton canvas or muslin: 1/2 yard for bag base fabric
- Cotton or some other wonderful fabric: 1/2 yard for reversible lining
- Random fabric scraps: enough to cover the Right side of your tote.
- Rotary cutter, Cutting mat, Fabric scissors
- Glue Stick
- Sashiko thread: Aurifil 12-weight cotton thread in the color(s) of your choice or other Sashiko thread
- Basic sewing and marking kit
- Sashiko needle and thimble
- Sewing machine and machine thread (we recommend 50 wt thread)
NOTE: An optional supplies kit is available for this class at the ShibaGuyz.com website. This kit will contain:
Additional sashiko and sewing thread is available on the Shibaguyz’ website at https://www.designz.shibaguyz.com/store/c14/thread
ShibaSnacks, additional scrappy packs of Cherrywood Hand Dyed Fabric are available on the Shibaguyz’ website at https://www.designz.shibaguyz.com/store/p155/shibasnacks.html
- Registration will close Tuesday, February 9th at 1:00 PM.
- This class will be taught via the Zoom video conferencing program. For a great video on how to use Zoom, watch this tutorial. Please make sure you have the most current version of the Zoom software.
- A Zoom link will be sent to the email address you registered with one day prior to each session. Please watch for this email. You may need to check your spam folder for emails from BARN.
- Tuition assistance is available. Click here to apply.
- Skill Level: Have basic sewing skills
- Ages 14+ are welcome.
Shannon and Jason Mullett-Bowlsby are the dynamic DIY duo known as the Shibaguyz,the inspired creators of Shibaguyz Designz studio.
The Shibaguyz’ award winning crochet, knit, and sewing designs have been featured in and on the covers of dozens of domestic and international publications. Together, the Shibaguyz team currently has over 300 published patterns and 11 books credited to their name since their first design was featured on a magazine cover in 2010.
Their fashion and portrait photography work can be seen in four of their books. They are sought-after freelance book-packaging designers having created books for major publishing companies like Sterling Publishing, Leisure Arts, and Creative Publishing. The Shibaguyz have been teaching adults for 30+ years. Their enthusiasm, quirky sense of humor, and relatable teaching style have made them sought after teachers in both local and national venues like STITCHES Events, Vogue Knitting LIVE, and DFW Fiber Fest. They also have a wide range of online classes available from Blueprint and Interweave.
Shannon and Jason are proud ambassadors for Aurifil, Clover, BERNINA, Soak Wash, and the Daylight Company. They are working on a new book with C&T Publishing. Look for it in December 2020.
Shannon and Jason live in Seattle, Washington with their three Shiba Inu who, more or less, support their ventures in sewing, stitching, and crafting… so long as enough time is taken for walks and treats.